Monday, April 26, 2010

Tiger passes away

I had cub duty today. This included making bottles, an 11:00am proper feeding, and then feedings when guests came which was 4 times today + the one I missed because of consoling the owner of the large tiger who died. (This was the meat feeding)
It was really quite sad. We're not really sure yet what the cause was, but at first was told it was a snake bite. The vet is now performing an autopsy. They really need to know as to not endanger the lions.
It's still raining. Not EVERY minute, but MOST of them. It has rained every day since we've been here but one.
It was finally wash day and thank God cause I have no clean clothes. I didn't bring enough warm clothes, they just didn't make the cut in the end. And then, I brought more shorts that I may never get to wear. Isn't that how it goes?
I think I forgot to tell you that our 5th travel person from our group finally made it out of the UK and arrived here yesterday. Arrangements have been made and he will be able to stay the extra week that he missed.
Richard had interesting day of killing the cow that they went to go fetch, collecting dead chickens, cleaning up old construction material, go to the bakery in Brits and having coffee at a neighbors farm. Busy day in the rain and I think it's wearing on him. We try to take care of him as much as we can.
Laura, my room mate, busies her self with her music and drink concoctions and is preparing for the punch at the bar this evening that the owners son made this afternoon. She really does have a lot of great music!