Saturday, April 24, 2010

Rain Day

(Saturday, 24, April, 2010)
It has been raining since yesterday afternoon so they decided to let us have the day off pretty much. I'm on kitchen n ranger duty today. I don't mind the kitchen duty at all, but thank God we didn't have to go fetch any dead animals. I would have done it, but riding in the back of the pickup truck n getting across some of the cow pens in the rain would have been rough, not to mention dragging those dead cows by hand in all that mud.
Richard, our relentless 72 year old man from Australia and has more energy than a lot of people I know, had cub duty again, so he had to tend to the cubs n I think he had 2 cub interactions with guests.
This morning after breakfast, when it was decided it wouldn't be a work day, 12 of us piled into the Land Rover n caught a ride to town (Brits). Just a lil' one horse town, but it was nice to go there. We were there for about an hour n then returned.
Had an awesome lunch, (as the food keeps getting better n better as each day passes!) Then returned to our room with a hot cup of tea n took a nap. Sweet!
I woke up, edited a lil' as this is going to be completely overwhelming, then went n played with the cubs as I do with most spare time. I've become quite attached to these animals.
Dinner, then back here to do this to keep you all updated on this amazing adventure I've been on!