Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Our 1st Work day with the lions!

Ok...so excuse me if I seem short sometimes as I'm doing this on my blackberry n it's not that easy. I pd for toggle to laptop, but they forgot to tell me it didn't work in gsm (?) mode.
Today...8:00am, (SA time)had breakfast n went straight 2 work cleaning out the lions pens, then off to get rid of the goodies we collected, old poo n bones n such, to the bone yard. This is still on the property as the property is approx. 800 acres, n is a hugh hole in which they dump everything n burn it. While some of us do this, the rangers n some others play bone baseball. It was a hoot! Can't wait to sho you pic's! Then we collected sand, Then off to fetch dead cows 4 the lions. These were at other farms around the area. We brought them back to Ukutula, (the place where I m) n came to lunch, late, needless to say, I now get what they mean you have to eat when u can around here.
After lunch, straight off to feed the teenage lions n the bigger ones. WHEW! We were exhausted. I then played with the baby bengal tigers. Yes, they tore me up, but, I survived. They are much rougher than the lions They let go after that so off to regroup n take a much needed nap. Thank God I woke up in time for dinner. WE have a food plan though as we are going to get a ride out of the bush sometime soon, go to town, n get supplies to keep in our room for just such an emergency. We do understand why everyone is so skinny now! Hey, I could always stand to loose a few lbs so I'll survive.