Saturday, October 9, 2010

Haiti...The multi talented Ronnie AND Our Friday night!








The men only have one day off, so, this is "Friday Night". No big deal except being able to sleep in in the morning. The guys are stopping at the Food Giant on the way home again, so I'll make breakfast for anyone who is up for it.

Unfortunatley, the helicopter ride & mountain excursion seems to be cancelled at this moment. Colin, the pilot, has another flight scheduled as per his boss, so we got bumped. I guess you have to go where the money is. We're bummed, but, some things just aren't meant to be. I will let you know if anything changes though.

I went to the jobsite yesterday. Alot has changed! They're on the last phase of the market & are making good time. They won't be finished today as they had hoped, but like I said in an earlier post, stuff happens.

Yesterday, the guys errected more columns, connected beams inbetween, put up some roof trusses, unloaded the trailor, conferred with other officials, Ronnie began to plumb up the building....the list goes on & on, they are SO busy all day long! It only ends at 5:00 & then the arduous ride home begins. And if it rains, depending on what vechicle you're in, you could be detained a bit longer at the botton of the hill on the home stretch.

We're now looking at being home around mid week or so. Although, I don't know what happened weather wise down in Port Au Prince today, but, we had a intense rain storm pass through here. It rained so intensely, not for too long, but there was a lot of water!

I uploaded another album on facebook today, titled, "Haiti_jobsite_ October 8, 2010".

I will go again probably on Monday & Tueday too as this will be the end of the job & as important as the beginning

Looking forward to seeing my kids, grandkids, family, friends & my dog & of course all my many luxuries at home for I feel like such a rich person. I have so much when "All you really need is love"! (The other things just makes life so much more bearable, but they truly are luxuries.)
Oh, sidenote...it would have been John Lennon's 70th birthday today.

1 comment: