Friday, October 15, 2010

Haiti ~ Home

We arrived safely back to into the USA on Wednesday evening! We can't begin to tell you how happy & grateful we are to live here! We appreciate so many things as we walk around our home. Turning on the facet & the water comes out, turning on a light switch & the light comes on, having a door to open to our home that we love so much, good food & being able to cook on a stove & then clean up after it with clean water in a sink, the shower...you actually come out feeling clean, television, well, that I'm sure I could live without, but it is a nice luxury, but that's what it is, a luxury. I get mail, it may not always be good, but, I have a mailbox & people can send me things! I'll be going to the food store today & I will love every minute of it! I'll be like a kid in a candy store! AND...security won't be waiting outside the door to take me to my guarded vechicle. I feel free, safe, the air is breathable. But, the best part of all is seeing my family again.
Steven came to pick us up at the airport. He took us to dinner at the Library in Turnersville on the way home. I couldn't get enough of him! It was so great to see him! Truth be told, I think he was really happy to see us too. Crista came yesterday morning with Mason & Myla & spent the better part of the day with us. I just can't begin to tell you how wonderful it was to see them as well. Myla came running across the house with her arms wide open towards me, I picked her up, spun her around as her legs flung through the air, she hugged me & kissed me! We danced, cooked breakfast, played games, did puzzels & read books together. Myla's vocabulary has increased to a point that I can now have conversations with her. It's amazing! Mason spent some alone time with his Mom for a bit, came back & worked on making electricty happen. He's such a smart child. Usually, when I tell him I love him, (mind you he's 9) he'll just reply with "what you said". Yesterday as he left, he said the words, "I love you", he turned, looked at me as he walked off the front porch with these eyes that really meant it. They missed us too. Now, I can't wait to see Mark.
There's a fire burning in the fireplace, fall leaves are changing & the air is crisp. It's a beautiful thing! I love this country! I love my family & friends & thanks for supporting me no matter what. You all know I'm crazy! Was it worth it.....yes. To see what we've seen & to have went through what we went through was definetley an eye opener. The images I have taken while there, well, that was worth it too. Would I go back....I don't know. There would have to be some serious discussion about that & reasoning behind it. Never say never.
Thanks to all of you who have kept up with us while away!
This weekend.....Batsto Country Living show on Sunday, Virginia on Monday till maybe Friday & the weekend in the Pocono's! We deserve it! After that, back to work. Can't be anything like Haiti though! It'll be a pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment