Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Haiti Adventure...

OK...time to begin posting as most of you think that we've already left for Haiti and we're still in the US.

Originally, when Billy was approached to do this job, I told him I thought it would be a great project to be part of. He said he would go if I went with him. As you all know, I'm all about an adventure. I was in.

As time went on & it became closer to leave time, there were production delays on the steel. After that, there were 2 hurricanes so the barges could not leave as they only leave on Wednesday & Fridays so we needed to wait another week.

Since then, the barges had left, arrived, & now there have been holdups in customs. They have confiscated all the water & a con ex box full of tools. Last week they even wanted all the paperwork rewritten in creole by a certified creole interpreter. Presently, it's all about the mighty dollar.

We have had flight plans several times only to find out the afternoon or evening before that they had been cancelled & rescheduled. This last cancellation has resulted in a Sunday morning flight out of Philadelphia to Miami, then onto Port Au Prince, Haiti.

We'll see when Sunday comes.

I'll be in touch as the Haiti adventure continues!

I guess it's better to be held up here instead of there.

Frustrating??? To say the least!

No comments:

Post a Comment