Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July





Happy 4th of July folks! Although it doesn't seem like the 4th today with all that has been going on around us, I've decided I'm going to make the best of it. I'm digging out all my red, whites & blues around the house, hanging flags everywhere & will make it as festive as if I'm having a party. I will go to shoprite, pick up a few things, make salads, pies & frozen drinks & party like it really is…. the 4th of July!

I'll have 5 grandchildren for a sleepover by 4:30.....I'll make firefly cages out of plastic mayo jars, take them out on the boat to our island to watch fireworks from 8 different locations, let them swim under a full moon & float on tubes. We'll let off wish / sky lanterns & what we have left of some old fireworks.

The mess will STILL be here tomorrow. I'll work on it more then. Today, it's time to celebrate being an AMERICAN! To celebrate our FREEDOM, FREEDOM of CHOICE to come & go as we please & the FREEDOM to make our own DESICIONS. I have been to many countries that we may never see in this lifetime ever come to know any of this.

AMERICA

FREEDOM

FREEDOM OF CHOICE

INDEPENDENCE

Don't ever take for granted any of these things. As rough as it can be now a days, we still have it better than most countries. Visit a 3rd world country sometime & you will come back with an entirely new perspective. Oh, & make sure you take your children for they know no better than for what they only know. They think the world owes them. Let them get the visual of what it's really like out there.


Happy 4th of July my friends!


Celebrate Your / Our Independence!!

PEACE, LOVE & HAPPINESS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment